Friday, September 14, 2012

30 day challenge...to show love to our husbands

photo source: Beth
I love my husband!  I'm sure that you love your husband too!  I always am encouraged when I intentionally show him love.  I hope it really does encourage him as well.  I haven't really talked to him about it.  I just do it...like it's a secret mission or something.  I do know this:  when I'm intentionally showing my husband love and respect our communication is way better and we get along way better.  Boy do I love the results!  Also, I'm not so concerned about him showing me love, because it becomes less about me and more about him.

Here are two websites that give different 30 day challenges that help me intentionally show love to my husband.  I hope that they encourage you as well.

The first one I saw is on the website www.tipjunkie.com . 
The tutorial (with a place to print it is from www.imom.com )

photo source: www.tipjunkie.com  
 To print it either in color or in black and white go to:  

photo source: Kelly
The second site that I found has many challenges, but I particularly liked the 30-  & 31- day challenges.  It is on the website Revive our Hearts.  It has a 30 day husband encouragement challenge and a 31 day praying for your huband challenge.  I really liked the prayer challenge as it always lists a passage of scripture within each day.  
Here is a sample from days 1 & 2: 

31 Days of Praying for Your Husband

  • March 12, 2007
by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
“She does him good . . .” (Proverbs 31:12a)
Bless your husband by praying for him! The Apostle Paul instructed all Christians to pray for one another (Ephesians 6:18). This includes wives’ responsibility and privilege to pray for their husbands. Earnest prayer for your husband is good for him, for you and the spiritual health of your home (Proverbs 31:11-12).
Satan desires to destroy your husband, especially his character and his leadership in your relationship. Trust God through prayer as you daily surrender your husband and marriage to the Lord’s wise, loving care.
Day 1 Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18Prov. 4:23)
Day 2 Pray that your husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:79:10Ps. 112:1)                                             (source: Revive our Hearts website)  
Go to marriage topics and challenges for the challenges that are printable.

Titus 2:3-5

New International Version (NIV)
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment